The ASTAT series of soft starters for 3ph standard induction motors provide high reliability for multiple applications.
ASTAT S is compact, easy to operate soft starter, designed for use with standard 3-phase squirrel cage motors. It provides an advanced method of reducing current during motor starting and stopping.
ASTAT S will start supplying a reduced voltage to the motor, increasing up to the rated voltage, so avoiding, high currents and generating soft starting and stopping.
The motor has to be able to start in a reduced voltage.
• Solid soft starter for standard 3ph AC motors up to 30kW at 400V AC
• Voltage ratings up to 600V
• Two phase control with integral bypass
• Compact, small case
• DIN rail mounting. Optional from 31A
• Start and soft stop features
GE´s new ASTAT XT solid state soft starter features microprocessor control digital technology. Setup and adjustment is performed through a six-button keypad and parameters or messages are displayed out trough a friendly LCD multilanguage interface with two rows, sixteen alphanumeric characters each. The design includes isolated I/O and high level of protection in their circuits to minimize the disturbance effects while working in the hardest industrial environment.
ASTAT XT soft starter offers reliable performance and smooth acceleration for a variety of standard AC motors up to 1400A and up to 690V, reducing mechanical shock to the driving system, resulting in extended component and motor life.
ASTAT XT offers many traditional features such a motor overload function, adjustable ramps, current limit, kick start, but also other high end features like Inside-Delta operation, Torque control, Pump control and a reliable motor and unit set of protections.
• Ratings up to 1400Amps and up to 690VAC
• Friendly multilanguage interface with two rows, sixteen characters each
• Built-in with three extra power terminals for external bypass
• In-Line or Inside-Delta operation modes
• Torque control and pump control advanced features
• Motor protection according IEC 10, 20 and NEMA 10, 20, 30, even if ASTAT XT is in bypass
• Built-in communications RS485 port, and ModBus protocol as standard
• Profi busDP and DeviceNet optional interfaces for communications
Download the catalogue here
Tags: GE Energy, New Catalogue News, Drives and Control News, Panel Builder News, e-lec.org