Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 0: Guide to specifying assemblies
Friday, 01 October 2010 00:00
IEC/TR 61439-0:2013, which is a technical report identifies, from the user's perspective, those functions and characteristics that should be defined when specifying ASSEMBLIES. It provides:
- an explanation of the ASSEMBLY characteristics and options within the IEC 61439 series;
- a guidance on how to select the appropriate option and to define characteristics so as to meet specific application needs, using a functional approach; and
- an assistance in the specification of ASSEMBLIES. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2010. It constitutes a technical revision. This second edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- alignment with IEC 61439-1:2011;
- alignment of Annex B with Annex AA of IEC 61439-2:2011;
- alignment of Table C.1 with Table BB.1 of IEC 61439-2:2011;
- addition of a new Annex D regarding IEC 61439-3;
- addition of a new Annex E regarding IEC 61439-4;
- addition of a new Annex G regarding IEC 61439-6;
- general editorial review.
Within the IEC 61439 series of standards for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies (ASSEMBLIES), there are system and application details that are specified by the user to enable the manufacturer to produce an ASSEMBLY that meets the needs and expectations of the user.