The Panel Builder Latest News
Socomec’s Launches Diris Digiware the Pioneering Electrical Measuring Technology
- Published: Friday, 10 October 2014 10:25
Diris Digiware is a unique, fully digital, multi-circuit plug and play measurement concept.
Compact and quick to install, Socomec’s Diris Digiware provides the industry’s most accurate and effective metering, measurement and monitoring of electrical energy quality and can be deployed in both new and existing installations.
• Optimised electrical network: identifies the most demanding loads and monitor abnormal electrical values
• Simplified network maintenance: the electrical energy quality monitoring functionality of Diris DIGIWARE makes anticipating – and rectifying - electrical malfunctions easy
• Fast installation: mounting and configuration is a quarter of the time vs exiting technologies
• Plug and Play- easy to connect with auto configuration of the integrated software-
• Space saving: reduced footprint compared to alternative solutions
• Improved accuracy and technical performance- Global accuracy class 0.5 in accordance with IEC 61557-12 from 2% to 120% of the current sensor primary rating
• Flexible: can be used in both existing and new installations
• Multi circuit– can monitor several circuits via a single current measurement module
Andrew Wilkinson, Regional Managing Director, Socomec comments; “In 1992, a young engineer tasked with launching electronic development within Socomec’s then switchgear division focused his research on electrical multi-measurement. The vision of that young engineer – Michel Krumenacker – opened an entirely new market for Socomec, setting the industry benchmark. Over twenty years after having revolutionized the electrical multi-measurement market with our Diris meter, Socomec has again set the precedent in leading-edge power monitoring systems with the launch of the new Diris Digiware. Socomec has invested many millions of Euros in the development of our new highly disruptive, digital electrical measurement technology. We have drawn on the breadth and depth of expertise within our business – from all around the world - and over forty of our specialist R&D team members have been dedicated to successful delivery of this transformational new technology.”
Socomec is committed to finding solutions to the world’s most critical energy issues.
Securing long term energy supplies, the identification of drivers for greener buildings, better use of people, energy, space and time – as well as supply, demand, security and storage issues related to energy consumption – are increasingly challenging and important issues for our industry.
Our latest innovation enables customers to optimise energy efficiency and comply with the increasingly demanding legislative and policy demands.
Key Commercial Drivers
• Cost reductions:
o Faster installation and faster commissioning
o Self-configuring and integrated software
o Simplified network maintenance
o Improved accuracy in terms of the measurement, management and optimisation of power
o Multi-circuit measurement with a common and centralised display
o Reduced stock- only 9 current sensor ratings from 5 A to 6000A
To understand how your organisation could benefit from the latest in digital energy measurement technology, please contact the Socomec team.