- Published: Wednesday, 06 October 2010 09:13
BS EN 60529:
Specification for degrees of protection provided by enclosures (IP code)
Publication Date: 31 January 1992
Confirm Date: 01 October 2004
Replaces BS 5490:1977, IEC 60529:1976
Amended By: AMD 7643, AMD 10931, August 2000. Amendment, October 2013. Amends and replaces BS EN 60529:1992
This European Standard covers the classification of degrees of protection provided by enclosures for electrical equipment with a rated voltage not exceeding 72,5 kV.
The objective of this standard is to provide:
Definitions for degrees of protection provided by enclosures of electrical equipment with regards to:
- protection of persons against access to hazardous parts inside the enclosure;
- protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against ingress of solid foreign objects;
- protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against harmful effects due to the ingress of water.
- designations for these degrees of protection;
- requirements for each designation;
- tests to be performed to verify that the enclosure meets the requirements of this standard.
This standard is also applicable to empty enclosures provided that the general test requirements are met and that the selected degree of protection is suitable for the type of equipment to be protected.
Buy your copy here