Drives & Control Latest News
Unitronics New Line Of AC Servo Drives And Motors Changes The Traditional And Complicated Approach To Motion Control
- Published: Thursday, 24 October 2019 10:39
New Motion Solution: Servo Made Simple - Easy to Set Up, Painless to Program
Unitronics launches a complete line of AC Servo drives and motors – along with a surprisingly simple approach that enables users to implement Motion Control easily. Ready-Made Motion code, Embedded Diagnostic tools, Automatic communication setup, are just some of the easy-to-use features embedded in this new line.
The offering includes 1 and 3-phase drives and motors, operating at a wide power range of 50W to 5,000W (0.06-6.7 HP) to suit any machine size, with robust, high-resolution built-in serial encoders (absolute: 23-bit, incremental: 20-bit), IP65.
Simplicity translates into solid profit
Unitronics, recognized for industry leadership by the prestigious Frost and Sullivan Best Practices Award, applies an innovative approach that brings time-saving benefits to motion control:
• No coding needed: Ready-Made Motion code, provided with every purchase, enables Unitronics’ customers to test their completed system; this code can be opened and adapted to other applications via PLCopen standard functions
• One software for all project needs: set up and program PLC, HMI, Servo, VFD, and I/O—no need to struggle with multiple software tools to build an application with up to 8 axes
• Automatic communication setup: absolutely seamless
• Minimal room for error: UniLogic software automatically analyzes mechanical properties and recommends safe values for the user application
• Diagnostics: UniLogic includes a built-in powerful, high-speed scope to view servo run-time performance
• Tune the system: using only one single parameter
• Embedded Diagnostic tools: no PC needed. Use Via an HMI panel – or a virtual HMI screen on their mobile device – users can:
- Set motion parameters
- Monitor Axis behavior and I/Os
- Execute movements, such as Point-to-Point, Jog, and Homing
One Integrated Solution for Control & Automation
The company’s Motion Control solution includes all the elements required for precise motion control: award-winning PLCs, HMIs panel, VFDs, I/Os, along with broad communication support, including Industry 4.0, and now Servo drives and motors.
All products are programmed in the same, easy to use software studio, giving users a complete solution for control and automation from one supplier.
“Our challenge was to eliminate the complicated operations associated with Motion Control” said David Shimol, Head of Motion Control from Unitronics. ” Customers can now easily implement Motion Control, while receiving hardware, software, and support, all from the same supplier. Unitronics is proud to offer its customers a powerful, integrated solution for control and automation”.