Socomec Li-Ion Battery UPS: A Compact Innovative Power Protection Solution
- Published: Wednesday, 20 March 2019 10:34
Ensuring permanent power supply to electrical infrastructure for business continuity whilst also reducing the Total Cost of Ownership is top of mind for any Data Centre Manager.
LI-ION BATTERY UPS – Socomec’s latest innovative UPS solution – provides reliable back-up power availability in a reduced footprint, with extended life time and reduced maintenance.
Thanks to its high energy density, a Li-ion Battery UPS solution is lighter and requires less floor space than a lead-acid battery. For an installation with a back-up time requirement of a few minutes, the footprint savings are between 30 % and 70 %, while the weight savings are between 50 % and 80 %.
Based on the latest technologies, the Socomec Li-Ion Battery UPS provides faster recharges than lead-acid systems, and therefore maximises the power system's availability.
Available for the MODULYS GP range, the Li-Ion Battery UPS is ideal for unscheduled site upgrades or incremental power evolutions.
To maximise the power system’s availability and reduce the consequences of spurious battery failure,
Li-Ion Battery UPS is equipped with an embedded interactive control system that provides accurate and individual cell monitoring.
The solution includes an interactive control system to check and manage all the Li-Ion cells’
parameters (i.e. temperature, voltage, current, charging status, etc.) and to dynamically adapt how
the UPS operates depending on the status of the Li-Ion battery.
The UPS interaction guarantees the most reliable performance and improves the system’s availability by:
• ensuring a proper control of the Li-Ion battery,
• preventing any irreversible overcharge failure,
• performing automatic corrective actions in case of any critical conditions that can affect battery performance.
• Very fast UPS battery recharge.
• Ensured scalability for power upgrades or redundancy.
• Reduced maintenance of battery components.
• Optimum performance in all critical
• Interactive UPS battery control.
• Embedded cell-to-cell monitoring.
• Wide operating temperature range
(0 °C to +40 °C).
• High power density in a reduced footprint.
• 15+ years’ expected service life.
• Higher cycling capacity: 10 times more than VLRA Battery UPS
• Fewer cooling requirements.