Weidmuller’s Fast Delivery Service With Weidmuller Configurator
- Published: Friday, 13 March 2020 07:30
Your ideas deserve a quick realisation
Today’s market brings difficult challenges in terms of mechanical and plant engineering, as well as in control cabinet production. On the one hand, the assembly of products is becoming more and more individual, elaborate, and complex.
On the other hand, orders on demand, tight deadlines, and last-minute design changes are the rule. In addition, many products are manufactured in minimal quantities and can be rejected as uneconomical. To meet the growing demands of the market, there is a need for highly efficient planning and manufacturing processes, as well as the certainty that the components required are delivered 100 % reliably. In order to ensure punctual and error-free deliveries, despite the increased complexity, customers must be able to rely on partners who are capable of fulfilling requirements in short time frames.
Weidmuller’s Fast Delivery Service is an integrated concept that simplifies planning, accelerates production processes, and guarantees the delivery of individually assembled and ready-to-install terminal strips or enclosures within the shortest possible time. The innovative service has several advantages: the customer gets rid of high fixed costs for production capacity which is kept free, a constant provision of storage space and the purchase of individual components. In this way, costs are reduced, flexibility is increased, and users stay one step ahead of the competition.
Innovative software for the selection, configuration and ordering of assembly rail components as well as complete assembled terminal strips
Engineering processes must become even faster, more precise and more economical. This requires appropriate tools that optimally support the complex planning process. The intelligent and user-friendly Weidmüller Configurator (WMC) is a powerful software solution that speeds up the selection, configuration and ordering of terminal rail components from the Weidmüller range. The tool supports the integrated engineering workflow, right from planning with ECAD systems through to documentation. Simple operation, clear design and integration into the respective engineering system makes the configuration of terminal rails simple, safe and convenient.
The product data can be fully integrated into all common engineering tools, such as ePlan P8 or Zuken E3. 3D views facilitate dimensioning, wiring and marking in panel building. The software is intuitive to operate due to a self-explanatory interface and drag-and-drop functionality. In addition, the Weidmüller Configurator includes a database of best-practice solutions for standardised projects. If required, the customer can receive an individual quote for the Fast Delivery Service. After accepting the quote, customers receive the individually assembled, ready-to-install terminal strip in just five working days. Smaller projects as well as individual requirements can be handled economically and orders involving single quantities are possible via the Fast Delivery Service.
Weidmuller Fast Delivery Service with WMC Advantages in summary :
• Increased quality: Customers demand maximum reliability with minimum maintenance. With Weidmuller’s Fast Delivery Service, individual, ready-to-install assembled terminal strips, and empty or unassembled enclosures are received in the shortest possible time. In this way, assembly errors are avoided, and the reliability of products is increased. A decisive step towards higher quality.
• Reduced costs: Control cabinets and enclosures are becoming more and more individual and complex. This means many potentially required components must be stocked in the warehouse and this ties up capital unnecessarily. With the Fast Delivery Service, individually assembled products are received in the shortest possible time – which means purchasing and storage costs are significantly minimised.
• Increased flexibility: Increasingly, control cabinets and enclosures have to be manufactured in minimal quantities and also be prepared for short-term design changes. With the Fast Delivery Service, customers can get individual terminal strips and enclosures manufactured by Weidmuller, starting with batch size 1 - and these are delivered ready for installation within a few days.
• Accelerated planning: Orders with tight deadlines and last-minute design changes require quick reactions in the planning phase. You can benefit from all the advantages of the Weidmuller Configurator (WMC). The WMC is a software solution for selecting, configuring, and ordering terminal rails and terminal rail components from over 8,000 products in the Weidmüller range. The ease of configuration and perfect integration into your planning software ensures complete data consistency from start to finish as the tool supports continuous engineering workflows, from planning with E-CAD systems through to documentation.
• Meeting delivery commitments: Highly individual and custom products need to be completed and delivered reliably and within tight timescales. Otherwise, customers will face high costs due to delays and production downtimes. With Weidmuller’s Fast Delivery, you can expedite all your processes quickly and reliably to ensure delivery commitments are met.